The rainbow vision is the space in between a great idea and action. It's the spark. The download of cosmic creative genius.
The Rainbow Vision (formerly Native Bear) was started as a hobby by Leela Hoehn in 2012 and then became "official" in 2017. After many years under the name Native Bear the business evolved and grew, and we did as well. The Rainbow Vision is a name that we feel encompasses where we are today.
We are deeply inspired by strong artists and thinkers and are driven to help others trust in their full creative potential. This is the motivation behind everything we design for The Rainbow Vision; we want you to feel inspired. We want to make beautiful tools that remind you of your own magic, and to help you design an intentional life.
We make eco-conscious packaging and shipping a priority. We are always working towards doing better to lower our impact while also providing an enjoyable purchasing experience. The task of finding the best materials and methods is ongoing, but here are some ways in which we are attempting to condense our footprint:
- The Rainbow Vision has partnered with One Tree Planted to plant one tree for every order place in a fiscal year
- All items and materials are made in the USA with exception to metal products
- Cellophane sleeves for cards and prints are made from a compostable, plant based material
- We work with a greeting card printer that has received "Gold" status with EcoVadis, an independent Corporate Social Responsibility evaluation company
- Our greeting card envelopes are made by a US based company who uses renewable energy to produce their bulk paper stock
- The printer and book binder we partner with uses unwanted paper from larger printers in the US that would otherwise be sent to the landfill to produce many of our products
About Leela & John
Leela Hoehn - Founder & Creative Director
Leela grew up next to the Savannah River in Augusta, GA - home of the Godfather of Soul and many restless ghosts. She graduated with a BA in English Literature, and has always practiced and studied visual art. Growing up she spent a lot of time talking to animals and drawing picture books of her dog Maggie having various adventures. She would then try to sell said picture books to her family for $.25. Since she was a child Leela has been been fascinated with the creative energy of business building, and its powerful potential to change the world for the better.
When she's not busy planning for The Rainbow Vision, Leela studies the rich topic that is archetypes and is working towards becoming a certified Archetypal Consultant via the CMED institute. She is trained as a Level 2 Reiki healer and is always deepening her practice in energetic work, including ancestral and shamanic healing.
John Robinson - Co-owner & Operations Manager
also grew up in Augusta, GA and has been a lifelong creative force in music as a songwriter. When he's not busy juggling the shipping and logistics side of The Rainbow Vision he's writing music, taking hikes, or expanding his meditation practice. John is also a 100% film and music nerd and knows lots of what he lovingly claims as "useless knowledge".
Leela and John are currently in the process of moving back to Augusta, GA after 10 years of living in Atlanta and are looking forward to building community back home with their family. They recently welcomed a little addition to the family and are spending the majority of their "free time" with him these days. They both agree that River Lee is their most brilliant creation to date :)